Can we show in the main page...

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:20:24 +0100

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:18:58 +0200, Dov Margulis said:

> Gnu and Gnupg are not your personal home pages.

Well, I have always refused to put personal things on the website or
even any prominent notes that there is commercial support for GnuPG
available.  For nearly 5 years, I took responsibility for the website
alone and did all the work.  I have never seen a single cent from the
FSF for the GnuPG work or the website.  If there is someone who
theoretically have a right to complain, then it is the German Unix
User Group, who are paying for hosting and the machine.

I really appreciate the recent work of Lolo and the others, it indeed
helped me to concentrate more on the technical stuff.

Since last Thursday I can't keep quite about the injustice and terror
the most prominent founder of the UN is currently engaged in.  Given
that I can't be on the street every day, I take the opportunities I
have to protest against it.  The Free Software movement is a higly
political one and as such its members should not keep quite in times
were the global system of agreements is broken in such a way.  Yes, we
didn't had a poll on the banner and I autocratically decided to add
the banner - Mr. Bush neither had a poll to break the UN Charta.

Germans are often accused to have been quite in a time when they
should have raised there voices.  Hopefully a lot of people learned
from history and don't shut up today.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
  Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of
  mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of