Info about libgcrypt

Niels Möller nisse@lysator.liu.se
11 Jan 2002 00:43:18 +0100

Dave Trombley <dtrom@bumba.net> writes:

> If I am not mistaken, and this is indeed the plan, I'm quite excited
> to see it hapenning, and find myself wondering about the status - a
> good, free, public key crypto library is exactly what I'd like to
> start with in implementing a certain project idea of mine,

Depending on what you need, you may also want to look at
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/nettle. It's goals and level of
abstraction is quite different from gcrypt's, though. It includes a
reference manual. The 1.0 version didn't include any public-key stuff;
the version currently in cvs includes some rsa code and an optional
RSAREF-compatible interface to it. Help and comments on both code and
API design are welcome.

Best regards,
/Niels

PS. Werner, let me know if you want me to stop "marketing" Nettle on
this list, and I'll comply. There's currently no Nettle-specific
mailing list.