gnupg-1.0.6/mpi/mpi-inv.c

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:09:47 +0100

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:26:39 +0100, Carlo Perassi said:

> by the way: two little typos
> s/TAOPC/TAOCP
> s/Exercice/Exercise

Thanks.

> How to find that all? (I can continue reading the whole thing
> but... it's not so fast)

You better don't look at libgcrypt but at the GMP.  The code used in
libgcrypt is based on an old version of GMP and only slightly changed.
IIRC GMP has now a compile time flag to allow the use of malloc
instead of alloca which is one thing changed in libgcrypt.  The other
thing is that we use 2 different allocation functions to be able to
distinguish between mubers which must be kept confidential and the
bulk of unconfidential numbers.

The GMP explains most things; a limb is just one word, to form a big
integer an array of these words called limbs is used.