Public Key encryption again

Timo Schulz twoaday@freakmail.de
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 22:07:27 +0200

On Sat Jul 20 2002; 21:28, Rüdiger Sonderfeld wrote:

> > > I modified the code from g10/encode.c but it doesn't work :(
> > You can download OpenCDK because the interface there is more
> > general...(http://www.winpt.org/opencdk.html)
>
> The link on this site is death and I can't find anything with google :(

http://www.winpt.org/opencdk.html is the URL and I tested it one
minute ago. It works. If you can't reach the site, try ftp.gnutls.org/pub
there you can download the tarball.

> > > int wcrypt_pkencrypt(enum pkalgo alg,unsigned char *sdata,size_t
> > "sdata" should be the session key, right?
>
> no, sdata is the data I want to encrypt. What do you mean with a
> session key?

Public key algorithms are not useful to encrypt large portions of data.
I guess you use a symmetric session key to encrypt the data and then
you protect the session key with the asymmetric key. If this is not
what you want, I don't understand what you're trying.

        Timo