segv during relocation

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:41:01 +0200

Hi!

I have got several reports that libgcrypt segfaults when not linked
statically.

I was not able to reproduce this bug because I am usually using a
machine which links to the i586 assembler code.  After quite some
debugging of ld.so I eventually found the problem - as usual it was a
trivial one, I should have known: Some of the i386 assembler modules
use absolute addresses and they conditionally include PIC code which
must be enabled with -DPIC.  Same for Sparc and PowerPC.

Fix was trivial and has been commited to the CVS.

Pleae check whether this fixes the problem.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner