gcry_control(GCRYCTL_INIT_SECMEM,...)

Simon Josefsson jas@extundo.com
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 16:11:00 +0100

Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> writes:

> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:19:52 +0100, Simon Josefsson said:
>
>> Can the gpg-agent, despite its name, be used by non-gpg applications
>> too?  Offering to handle all user interactions within my library (via
>> gpg-agent) instead of bothering the application to implement similar
>> functionality would be useful.
>
> Yes.  It is basically protocol neutral and if you miss something, it
> should be easy to add what you require.

After thinking about it, it seems I want to input usernames, realms
and possibly more stuff (e.g. mechanism selection, quality of
protection, maximum encryption buffer size).  Would adding support for
such stuff be stretching the goal of gpg-agent too much?  A feature to
remember passwords and other details, i.e. making it a "wallet" and
storing passwords for different user application (gpg, ssh, sasl,
kerberos), would be useful too.

What I'd like seems to be a generally useful application, so maybe it
already exists.  Pointers appreciated.