LibGCrypt under Win32 (MinGW)

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson@anu.edu.au
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:02:06 +1100

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

(Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to the list. Thankyou.)
(Sorry for the delayed cross-post, the libgcrypt announcement
was on gnupg-devel@gnupg.org and I only just noticed the
existence of gcrypt-devel@gnupg.org)

A quick question, is there a reason the build-dll and build-def
scripts aren't included in libgcrypt-1.1.12.tar.gz?

Also, is anyone else out there compiling libgcrypt under Win32?

I've got a patch to submit (#include <winioctl.h> in cipher/rndw32.c
for DISK_PERFORMANCE and IOCTL_DISK_PERFORMANCE) and I'd like
to check whether this is a peculiarity of MinGW compared to
whatever other people are using. (eg Visual C++, Cygwin, whatever else)

Also, src/benchmark.c won't build because MinGW doesn't include
sys/times.h. Apparently when it used to, it just did a #include
<time.h>. However this isn't sufficient for benchmark.c's needs.

To me, the best solution to that would be to add a check for sys/times.h
to configure.ac and not build src/benchmark$(EXEEXT) if we don't have
it. It seems that is what has been done for other programs which have
hit this problem in MinGW.

(Obviously, if someone can point me at a win32/MinGW library and
header set for those timing things in sys/times.h then I'll leave
it alone, and use that instead.)

--=20
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--