Newbie Jump Start

Moritz Schulte moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:18:36 +0200

"Guenther, Kurt - NASHCCON" <kurt.guenther.NASHCCON@acs-inc.com> writes:

Welcome,

> How does a newbie get going with the library?

Well, there's a texinfo Manual, have a look at that.  Besides that you
can find several test programs beneath the directory `tests'.

> Are there some sample files or even a version of gpg that runs on
> libgcrypt?

A future version of gpg will use libgcrypt, but it's not done yet, as
far as I know.

> I just want to do an asymmetric encryption/decryption, and I'm
> hoping to scrap the surface.

That's not too hard and covered by tests/pubkey.c.  For your
information: really soon a different, alternative interface for
asymmetric cryptography will be included in the CVS version, which is
easier to use in my opinion, since the user does not have to work with
S-expressions.

		moritz
--
((gpg-key-id . "6F984199")