Error encrypting string data

Moritz Schulte moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:09:39 +0200

Ralf Schneider <ralf@tapfere-schneiderleins.de> writes:

> I got the iteration over the MPI values of a key working.

How did you extract the data set from a key (without the function I am
about to commit today)?  Or did you initialize your own key from a
given data set?

> It shows 6 MPI values named n, e, d, p, q and u. But what is the
> meaning of these values? Do they together hold the key?

Yes, these values form the `key'.  The values you mentioned form the
complete, secret key.  The public key is actually the same, with some
values left out.  The names and the amount of these MPI values are
algorithm dependent.

		moritz
--
((gpg-key-id . "6F984199")