libgcrypt on Mac OS X

Neil Spring nspring@cs.washington.edu
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:17:50 -0700

--Apple-Mail-10--873301378

--Apple-Mail-9--873308514

On Wednesday, Jul 23, 2003, at 15:13 US/Pacific, Fred wrote:
> Has anyone successfully build libgcrypt on Mac OS X?

Yes.  ./configure --disable-asm, as you note. I paid no attention to
multiply defined symbols -- perhaps I'm reckless, but I've seen them in
other libraries and lived to tell the tale.

I've attached a fink .info file to this message; if you like, place it
in /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo and run 'fink build libgcrypt1'
and 'fink install libgcrypt1'.   I believe it is fink policy compliant,
but some mirrors might not be listed properly (curl seems to have
trouble with sunsite.dk).  If you try this, please let me know if it
works for you (off-list is fine).

A mac (ppc?) build of 1.1.12 does fail a test in tests/basic, but it's
a problem with the test that was fixed in cvs in april, not with the
library code.

Do any of you gcrypt developers mind if I clean this up and submit
gcrypt for inclusion in fink (fink.sf.net)?

thanks,
-neil

--Apple-Mail-9--873308514

Package: libgcrypt1
Version: 1.1.12
Revision: 1
GCC: 3.1
Depends: %N-shlibs (= %v-%r)
Essential: no
Maintainer: Neil Spring <nspring@cs.washington.edu>
CustomMirror: <<
eur-DE: ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/
eur-DK: http://ftp.sunsite.dk/pub/security/gcrypt/alpha/
asi-AU: ftp://ftp.mirrors.wiretapped.net/pub/security/cryptography/libraries
asi-JP: http://www.t.ring.gr.jp/archives/net/gnupg/alpha/
Primary: ftp://ftp.gnutls.org/pub/crypto/gnupg/alpha/
<<
Source: mirror:custom:libgcrypt/libgcrypt-%v.tar.gz
SourceDirectory: libgcrypt-%v
# maybe someone can figure out why the assembler routines don't just work.
ConfigureParams: --mandir=%p/share/man --disable-asm
Source-MD5: c245f62bf8da9a83c5dae26d9fa3559d
DescDetail: <<
Libgcrypt is a general purpose cryptographic library based
on the code from GnuPG. It provides functions for all
cryptographic building blocks: symmetric ciphers, hash
algorithms, MACs, public key algorithms, large integer
functions, random numbers and a lot of supporting functions.
<<
SplitOff: <<
 Package: %N-shlibs
 # don't include libgcrypt.dylib in this package.
 Files: lib/libgcrypt.*.dylib
 Shlibs: %p/lib/libgcrypt.1.dylib 1.1.12 %n
<<
#DescPort: <<
#<<
##