S-Expression help

Warren, Tony tonyw@prairiesys.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:54:26 -0500

Well,  I never got the gcry_sexp_new to work for me, but here is the bit
of code I'm using to generate my key-pair...
(It's in C, but you shouldn't have any trouble translating to C++)

int makeKeyPair (GcrySexp *pKey, GcrySexp *sKey) {
  char secKey[] = "private-key";
  char pubkey[] = "public-key";
  GcrySexp PARMS, Key;
  int rcode, nbits = 1024;
  size_t keySize;

  gcry_control (GCRYCTL_INIT_SECMEM, 16384, 0);

  /* Build parameter Sexp 'PARMS' to describe the type of public key
desired (RSA) */
  rcode = gcry_sexp_build (&PARMS, NULL, "(genkey(rsa(nbits %d)))",
nbits);
  printf ("return code for sexp_new(PARMS) is [%d]\n\n", rcode);

  /* Build a public key pair as defined in PARMS */
  rcode = gcry_pk_genkey (&Key, PARMS);
  printf ("return code for genkey is [%d]\n\n", rcode);
  if (rcode) { // failure
    printf ("genkey failed - exiting...\n\n");
  }

  /* return the portion of the key pair that is only the public key */
  *pKey = gcry_sexp_find_token (Key, pubkey, strlen (pubkey));
  :
  :
  :
 <--snip-->

I'm still having trouble with the basic encrypt/decryption sequence of a
simple (short) string, so if you get a working sequence going from
buffer to encrypted file & back to buffer, I'd love to discuss it with
you!  Good luck!
--
Tony Warren
<}-: