Building on AIX 4

Moritz Schulte moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 14:35:34 +0200

Tony_Mione@peoplesoft.com writes:

> I am having some difficulties building libgcrypt 1.1.11 under AIX 4.

What about the latest stable release [i.e. 1.1.12]?

> nm: ../cipher/.libs/libcipher.al[sha1.lo]: 0654-203 Specify an XCOFF
> object module

I am quite clueless at the moment about this.

> BTW, what are .lo files (they seem to be present rather than the
> typical .o files)?

Those are `libtool' Files.  GNU Libtool is a framework for building
libraries on different systems in a consistent way.  It seems to fail
on yours.  Could you maybe try to install the GNU development tools
[autoconf, automake, libtool, etc.] and run the `autgen.sh' script
that is provided in the tarball?  This should regenerate the rules for
building the package.

Just an idea.

		moritz
--