RC2 in libgcrypt

Timo Schulz twoaday@freakmail.de
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:56:00 +0200

On Tue Jun 24 2003; 11:24, Werner Koch wrote:

> Okay.  This is still smells fishy and using the name RC2 might be
> problematic.

We could call it "ARCTWO" ;-).

> Anyway, I have no time to create a new implementation from the
> description and as you know, we can't simply use some random public
> domain code.

What about Nikos libmcrypt? mcrypt --list shows that RC2 is included
with 128-bit. It should be no problem to cut this down to 40-bit and
the library is available under the terms of the LGPL.

> > Well not having RC2 means that the whole work I've done on PKCS12
> > packets is useless, since I cannot decrypt them.
>
> The CVS libgcrypt has a mechanism to hook in your own cipher.

Really? How is the name of the function.

(My CVS repository is in sync with the latest version but I could
 not find anything, sorry if I'm blind.)

        Timo

--
Windows Privacy Tools            "Der Tugendhafte begnügt sich, von dem zu
(http://winpt.sourceforge.net)    träumen, was der Böse im Leben verwirklicht."