v1.1.43 hangs with GLib/GDK threads

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:27:36 +0200

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 02:25:13PM -0700, lowhalo@hush.com wrote:
> I tried using v1.1.43 with Ultramagnetic and unfortunately, I still have
> the same problem.  After GTK/GDK threads are initialized,

What the h... are glib threads? :)  If GTK/GDK threads are anything but a
thin wrapper around pthread, then we might need to write a backend for them
and build libgcrypt-g-thread or whatever.  Theoretically it should be
sufficient to link to the gcrypt version linked to the same thread package
as glib.

> hangs randomly inside some pthread functions.  I'm absolutely certain
> this
> is libgcrypt's fault because it does not misbehave if I disable
> HAVE_PTHREAD in config.h.

If you report deadlocks, please always include a gdb backtrace (bt, bt full)
and other status information (x/20i, info regs) in your report.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/