gcry_control

Neil Spring nspring at cs.washington.edu
Mon Aug 16 18:19:50 CEST 2004

On Aug 16, 2004, at 2:07 AM, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:18:15 -0500, Warren, Tony said:
>
>> I'm pretty sure the command simply disables the warning/error that you
>> do not have properly configured secure memory available - it doesn't
>> fix
>> the problem, but it doesn't complain about it either.
>
> Actually it let libgcrypt not anymore distinguish between secure and
> standard memory.

So is it the case that I should have my code call either:
  gcry_control(GCRYCTL_DISABLE_SECMEM, 0);
or
  gcry_control(GCRYCTL_INIT_SECMEM, 16384, 0);
but not both?

Someone asked about the "Secure memory is not locked into core" warning
and I wanted to get rid of it and explain it at the same time...
switching from INIT to DISABLE gets rid of the warning, but I don't
know if I break things when I mess with calls to gcrypt functions.

-neil