Bug in gcry_cipher_algo_info() documentation.

mcclellr at oit.edu mcclellr at oit.edu
Sat Jan 24 15:31:01 CET 2004

I've noticed a bug in the gcry_cipher_algo_info docs under the section
"5.5 General cipher functions"

Under the GCRYCTL_GET_KEYLEN and GCRYCTL_GET_BLKLEN sections, it states
that both buffer and nbytes must be zero. However, those options will both
return error states in the function code unless nbytes is not zero.
//if (buffer || (! nbytes))

In the GCRYCTL_TEST_ALGO section, it does correctly state that
both arguments should be zero.
if ( buffer || nbytes)

Thanks for the help, I'm using gcrypt in a research project for a
stenographic/encrypted file program.

Randy

http://www.frenzy.org
"Sed Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?" -Juvenal

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the intended
recipient only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or legally
protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify
the sender by return e-mail message and delete all copies of the original communication.
Thank you for your cooperation.