Win32 build

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 9 06:34:44 CEST 2004

At Tue,  8 Jun 2004 18:25:37 -0700,
low halo, Defender of Truth and Liberty wrote:
> > we _want_ to use autoconf consistently.
>
> Very well.  I will try my hand at it again.
>
> What environment do you want me to do this in?  Last time
> I tried this, I noticed that MSYS + MinGW had a seperate
> set of quirks vs. Cygwin + MinGW.  I personally vote for the
> MSYS + MinGW (unless it turns out to be harder =P).

As far as I understand it the idea is to cross compile from GNU/Linux
to MS Windows using GNU/Linux and Werner's hacked MingW.  I guess this
is matched closer by Cygwin+MinGW.  I suggest not to bend over
backwards to get it working in MSYS (unless you want to improve MSYS
until it is capable of doing the job).

Thanks,
Marcus