Gratuitous gcry_fast_random_poll

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed May 5 19:35:34 CEST 2004

At Wed, 05 May 2004 19:35:53 +0200,
Werner Koch wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by locking though.  If you are using a
> multi-threaded application you need to make sure that libgcrypt is
> porperly initialized - see the section in the manual.

The asserts in the code check if the proper lock/unlock calls are made
in the single-threaded case, too.

I put them in there for my own debugging at the time - in GPGME, where
the code originated, all locking happens internally, so an assertion
would show if internal to GPGME some locks were inproperly used.

If the locking interface is exported in gcrypt, and users are
responsible for their own locking, these assertions should probably be
removed.

Thanks,
Marcus