concerning libgpg-error

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu May 13 09:36:26 CEST 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:11:44 +0300, Nikos Mavroyanopoulos said:

>  I bring again the libgpg-error issue. Would it be possible to
> add the required functions for libgcrypt (without gettext and the extra
> stuff), in a single object which will be compiled if libgpg-error is not
> found in the system[0]? This would make the library much easier to

This is a problem.  Sooner or later another application will require
libgpg-error and than we get into the problem of duplicate symbols or
- if we take them out of the linker's scope - that other application
won't be able to display proper i18n'd messages or you will see a
translation or no translation depending on where the error gets
printed.

Adding libgpg-error as an independent part to libgcrypt would be
possibe but be a headache for maintenance.

Salam-Shalom,