Libgcrypt and Windows - again :(

Maciej Zięba krokodylek at tenbit.pl
Mon Apr 25 00:29:03 CEST 2005

Hi  :)

I'm very sorry to disturb you all but I desperately need help.

I need RSA encryption / decryption for my little project in VC++ 6.0.

When searching Internet for some cryptographic library, I've found
libgcrypt. It seems it is very much what I would need but I have na idea
how to use it in Windows.

I've downloaded the latest version from CVS. README says there's a
possibility to create a DLL but it doesn't say exactly how to do it :(

I've found and tried a suggestion to issue theese commands (in Linux):

./autogen.sh --build-w32
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
make

Something is compiling but a DLL isn't created.

I've also tried:
cd w32-dll
./build-dll

getting this error:
./build-dll: line 14: mingw32: command not found

I've been searching Internet almost all day and still don't know what to
do :( Is there some HOWTO I could follow?

Or maybe someone can tell me what to do? I have WinXP with Microsoft
Visual C++ 6.0 and Gentoo Linux (.

As you've probably guessed I'm quite a newbie... I would be very, very
grateful for any suggestions.

Again, I'm really sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Best regards,
Maciej Zieba

PS. If you think that getting libgcrypt to work is too hard for me maybe
you could suggest (please, don't hit me) some other free cryptographic
library I could use?