memory leak message at running "gcry_pk_genkey" function

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 1 15:25:52 CEST 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:17:22 -0700 (PDT), gabi uleia said:

> FN_gcry_pk_genkey is the gcry_pk_genkey function but
> readed dinamicaly from library (I cannot add at
> references of my project libgcrypt library).

Did you really make sure that libgcrypt has been properly initialized?

> 1. The problem is that when FN_gcry_pk_genkey is
> reached program is stopped, I get the following
> message: Detected memory leaks! and my library is
> deployed.

I suppose this due to one-time allocation done by libgcrypt. There is
currently no way of getting rid of these one-time allocations.
Dynamically removing libgcrypt from the process is not supported.

> 2. Another question is if there are some sources which
> I can compile whitout minGW ? or a library for

Don't know.  In general we don't want to support this for ease of
maintenance.

Salam-Shalom,