Figuring out if a cipher mode is available.

Moritz Schulte mo at g10code.com
Mon Mar 28 11:22:52 CEST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 05:49:15PM +1100, Brad Hards wrote:

> I see in the code that not all modes are supported for all Ciphers,
> which is fair enough.

Well, yes.  There are the modes ECB, CBC, CFB and CTR for block
ciphers and there is STREAM for stream ciphers; OFB is not supported
for any algorithm currently.

> That is a problem for me - I can deal with not having OFB support, but I need
> to know earlier.

As I said, there is no OFB support currently - but there is already an
according constant defined, though.

> Is there a list of Cipher / mode combinations, or is there some call
> I can use to test for support?

No, but I agree that this might be useful; I will think about it.

Thanks,
Moritz

--
Moritz Schulte