gnutls 1.2.6 and Mozilla Firefox compatibility problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 13 11:55:23 CEST 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:12:42 +0200, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos said:

> The problem seems to be libgcrypt's random generator. As far as I understand
> when you fork() the random generator is on the same state for every children.

I just checked it and indeed the fork detection code used to help only
against other threads forking but not againts plain forks without
execs.  I have changed this and added fork detection to
gcry_create_nonce too.  Added regression tests for these two cases.

Please checkout

  svn://cvs.gnupg.org/libgcrypt/branches/LIBGCRYPT-1-2-BRANCH

this should fix the problem.  If it is okay for you; I can do a new
release today.

Salam-Shalom,