cross-compiling to mipsel

Dirk Stoecker gcrypt at dstoecker.de
Thu Feb 23 18:08:12 CET 2006

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Daniel Eiband wrote:

> I hope this mailing list is suitable, because it might be that my probem is
> due to a libtool bug.
>
> I try to cross-compile libgcrypt for a mipsel host in a buildroot like
> environment. It works fine, except on machines with a host version of
> libgpg-error installed in /usr/lib/ (libgpg-error was configured with
> --prefix=/usr, but installed into the
> $(TARGET_TOOLCHAIN_STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib).
>
> My configure looks like this:
>
> PATH=$(TARGET_TOOLCHAIN_PATH) \
> CFLAGS="$(TARGET_CFLAGS)" \
> CPPFLAGS="-I$(TARGET_TOOLCHAIN_STAGING_DIR)/usr/include" \
> LDFLAGS="-L$(TARGET_TOOLCHAIN_STAGING_DIR)/lib
> -L$(TARGET_TOOLCHAIN_STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib" \
> ./configure \
> 	--target=$(GNU_TARGET_NAME) \
> 	--host=$(GNU_TARGET_NAME) \
> 	--build=$(GNU_HOST_NAME) \
> 	--program-prefix="" \
> 	--program-suffix="" \
> 	--prefix=/usr \
> 	--sysconfdir=/etc \
> 	--disable-nls \
> 	--disable-largefile \
> 	--enable-shared \
> 	--enable-static \
> 	--disable-rpath \
> 	--disable-asm \
> 	--with-gpg-error-prefix="$(TARGET_TOOLCHAIN_STAGING_DIR)/usr"

I had an equal problem. The --with-gpg-error-prefix seems not to work as
expected. I used following method after looking in the configure file
(assuming libgpg-error is a subdirectory in current dir):

export GPG_ERROR_CONFIG=`pwd`/libgpg-error/src/gpg-error-config
export CPPFLAGS=-I`pwd`
export LDFLAGS=-L`pwd`
ln -sf libgpg-error/src/.libs/libgpg-error.a .
ln -sf libgpg-error/src/gpg-error.h .

In current dir (`pwd`) now are the links to the .a file and the .h file of
gpg-error, thats why the include paths point to this.

./configure --with-gpg-error-prefix=dummy ...

export -n GPG_ERROR_CONFIG
export -n CPPFLAGS
export -n LDFLAGS

I hope I stripped the relevant parts from my script, so you can follow
the idea.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.de/ (PGP key available)