Link with -no-undefined

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jul 4 13:15:32 CEST 2006

At Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:33:30 +0200,
Simon Josefsson <jas at extundo.com> wrote:

> Marcus Brinkmann <marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
> > At Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:26:48 +0200,
> > Simon Josefsson <jas at extundo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Adding -no-undefined flag to libtool has a side-effect of producing an
> >> DLL of libgcrypt when cross-compiling to mingw32.
> >>
> >> The Libtool documentation for the flag is somewhat confusing, but the
> >> intention is that the flag is used when the library doesn't need any
> >> externals symbols, which is true for libgcrypt.
> >
> > In GPGME, we have something like the below.  We also have a resource
> > file and a symbol export definition file (eg
> > libgcrypt/w32-dll/libgcrypt.def).  I think that any port of libgcrypt
> > to the mingw32 target should have all of these, and whatever else is
> > required to make libgcrypt work on w32 targets...
>
> Thanks.  My point was that with -no-undefined, I do get a DLL that
> seems to work fine on w32 machines.  So I think my patch could be
> applied without your additional work.  If someone wants to integrate
> your additional stuff, that would be fine too, of course.

Frankly, I do not understand how you get a DLL at all.  It doesn't
even compile for me, there is at least a msghdr issue, and there was a
socklen_t issue until I fixed this right now.

I committed the changes to bring the windows port framework in line
with what is in GPGME, but the port remains incomplete.  If you have
any patches to fix the remaining issues, why not send them in?

I used your socklen.m4 from gnulib, nice work. :)

Thanks,
Marcus