[patch] SEED (rfc4269) support

Hye-Shik Chang perky at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 12 16:37:38 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:20:58PM +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 23:45, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> > This patch adds the SEED, a 128bit block cipher, support for
> > libgcrypt trunk as of today:
> >   http://people.freebsd.org/~perky/libgcrypt-seed.diff
> I would like to see this incorporated,

Thanks for your interest!

> but I'm a big fan of unit tests. Any
> chance you could add some tests for this?

So do I.  I looked tests/ directory but I couldn't found where I
could add a unittest for the new code.  Is there any conventional
stub code for cipher tests in libgcrypt?

> Are there standard test vectors?

Yup.  RFC4269 includes four set of test vectors in its appendix B:
 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4269.txt
I used the 3rd one for selftest() routine in the patch.

> I really hope you have the right documentation on file (for copyright
> assignment and the like)....

I'd like to provide it in public domain and let libgcrypt project
relicense or do whatever it needs.  I updated the patch.  Is it
enough for the statement?

Hye-Shik