Starting with Assembler code for AMD64

Werner Dittmann Werner.Dittmann at t-online.de
Sun Oct 22 10:22:04 CEST 2006

All,

just now I'm doing some enhancements to the MPI part of libgcrypt
by adding assembler modules for x86_64 (amd64). What I basically
do is the same as it was done previously: taking the modules
from GNU gmp, edit them to fit into libgcrypt.

What was done so far (I just started with that):
- create a new sub-directory "amd64" into mpi
- implement two assembler modules as a start: add_n and sub_n
- modify the config.links in mpi to detect the x86_64 architecture
- configure / make

Thus I was able to make the new libgcrypt with these new assembler
modules.

Before I start to do my own test cases: are there test cases for
MPI around that I can use to verify the implementation?

Regards,