RSA Key Gen: Fast in Test App, Slow in Real App.

jitspoe spizamme at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 04:35:26 CEST 2006

I made a test app to test RSA key generation and whatnot using gcrypt
directly.  Generating a 128bit key pair is almost instant in the test app.
It takes less than a second.  When I try using it in my real application (a
game), however, it takes several seconds to generate the key.  The libraries
and function calls are identical.  Any idea what the causes for the speed
differences are?  I'm using Visual Studio 7.0 on Windows XP.  I'm not using
secure memory or multithreading.