Libgcrypt 1.2.4 released
wk at gnupg.org
Sun Feb 4 13:43:53 CET 2007
On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 22:47, bradh at frogmouth.net said:
> No immediate reason. However there are a couple of newer features (e.g. the
> OFB mode for encryption) that are only in trunk, and I'm more interested in a
> rough timeline (weeks/months/years is enough granularity) for release.
I see. What we need to do before a release is:
* Fix the signed/unsigned pointer mismatches as already done in 1.2.
* Checking that all changes in 1.2 have also be applied to 1.3. Due
to private reasons Moritz has had not the time to keep them in sync
and I am not 100% sure that completly kept of with it. It is
amgtter of checking the Chnagelogs.
* Then the experimental random daemon needs to be clearly marked as
* Werner Dittman wrote new .S code for AMD64, however we are waiting
on the FSF folks to complete the legal papers.
* Make sure that it also works under Windows.
So, it is only a matter of a few days work. Lets say we do a release
by end of March.
More information about the Gcrypt-devel