Ming32 builds of libgcrypt 1.3.0

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 4 19:06:01 CEST 2007

On Fri,  4 May 2007 16:01, simon at josefsson.org said:

> FWIW, libgcrypt 1.3.0 builds fine under mingw32 for me.  The self tests
> also passes.  (modulo libtool and wine bugs that I know how to work
> around.)

I actually did some manual tests on XP

> One question though: I notice that ./configure says rndw32 is used and
> that it turns the library into GPL.  When building 1.2.4 it says it is
> using the 'default' random module, under mingw32, and there is no

At some point a bug slipped in which didn't trigged the GPL "warning"
anymore.  I fixed that yesterday and should do that also for 1.2.4.

> GPL or LGPL?  If that one was LGPL, would it be possible to optionally
> support using the 1.2.4 randomness module for mingw32 builds in 1.3.x?

No.  The rndw32 is under the GPL and has been contributed by Peter
Gutmann.  I have currently no need to change that.  Thus I have not even
considered to ask Peter whether he would change the license.  Feel free
to ask him.

Salam-Shalom,