gcry_ac_ API

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:38:24 CEST 2007

Hello,
 I wanted to reimplement the gnutls RSA encryption using the gcry_ac_
interface (to avoid sexp) stuff. However I noticed that the info pages for the
gcry_ac_ functions is really limited in information. I understood that
I need to start a new data set, and import my mpis there... how is that name
used with respect to mpis I add? I suspect it should be "e", "m" or
something, but it is not clear in the documentation. Also in ac_data_set()
documentation it is not defined in the manual what's the behavior if the
flags GCRY_AC_FLAG_DATA_DEALLOC and GCRY_AC_FLAG_DATA_COPY
are not used (i.e. set 0). Is it the obvious (no action)?

There is a nice example that generates a key... but then it finishes there.
No explanation on how to export the mpis produced. The documentation is
nice but looks quite incomplete. Some examples for common uses, such
as encryption and decryption of data, and some import/export from mpis to
internal formats would make it easier to understand.

regards,
Nikos