compilation errors on iPhone

Britt Bolen britt at bolen.com
Tue Sep 11 16:09:08 CEST 2007

I'm trying to build libgcrypt so that I can build vpnc on the iphone,
but I'm running into a compilation/assembly error that I've not been
able to solve.

 /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/bin/gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
-I../src -I/usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/include -g -O2 -Wall -MT
mpih-div.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpih-div.Tpo -c mpih-div.c  -fno-common
-DPIC -o .libs/mpih-div.o
Bad $ operand number in inline asm string: '${:@} Inlined umul_ppmm
umull ${1:r}, ${0:r}, ${2:r}, ${3:r}'
make[2]: *** [mpih-div.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

The iPhone is an arm processor, though I wasn't able to figure out how
mpih-dev.c got the correct #defines to figure out which assembly macro
was actually being called...

anyhow, I was hoping to get some suggestions on workarounds or
solutions so I can get this built.

config.log : http://eludicate.com/~bolen/tmp/gcrypt_iphone/config.log

thanks,