[Help-gnutls] Alternate random device for certtool

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Dec 3 08:37:50 CET 2008

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:21, nmav at gnutls.org said:
>
>> I CC to gcrypt-devel since this might be gcrypt related.
>> Could it be that newer versions from 1.4.1 ignore the control:
>>     gcry_control (GCRYCTL_ENABLE_QUICK_RANDOM, 0);
>
> Can you please send me the example code?

It it the certtool program from gnutls (src/certtool.c) the
generate_private_key function. This after all calls:
pk-libgcrypt.c: _rsa_generate_params (bigint_t * resarr, int
*resarr_len, int bits)

gcry_sexp_build (&parms, NULL, "(genkey(rsa(nbits %d)))", bits);
gcry_pk_genkey (&key, parms);

regards,
Nikos