Unable to make gnutls

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Feb 18 09:41:29 CET 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:07, h.habib at gmail.com said:

> make command after ./configure it showing following errors.
>
> g++: +b: No such file or directory
> g++: /saurabh/gnutls-1.6.3/lib/.libs:/usr/local/lib: No such file or directory

Please let us know some more context around these error lines.  In
aprticular the invocation of gcc.  We don't use g++ so this error
message is strange.

> ./configure CC=aCC CFLAGS="+d -Aa +DAportable -mt +W930 +W829 +Z -ext
> -Wl,+s -g" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib/ -L/usr/local/lib/"

What is "aCC"?  Does that resolve to "g++"?  Don't do this, C++ is not
the same language as C and thus you can't use a C++ compiler for C code.
Though it quite works, you can't do that.  Use gcc or any other standard
C-89 compiler.

Salam-Shalom,