LibGcrypt verify Help required

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Feb 20 11:25:08 CET 2008

"Adam Langley" <agl at imperialviolet.org> writes:

> On Feb 19, 2008 8:42 PM, Adam Langley <agl at imperialviolet.org> wrote:
>> Possibly opencdk is the library that you want for this.
>
> Oh, and please note that opencdk appears to be *GPL* licensed, not
> LGPL. That may affect your plans.

FYI, there is a minimal version of opencdk which is licensed under LGPL,
it is included in gnutls.  Probably it should be released on its own,
but we don't know what to do with the GPL'd larger opencdk in that case.
Maybe the lgpl version should be renamed.  On the other hand, I'm not
sure if any non-gnutls applications needs anything from the full opencdk
that isn't in the lgpl opencdk.

However, I would also recommend looking at GPGME.

/Simon