Memory leak in gcry_ac_key_destroy?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Jul 20 16:33:33 CEST 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 00:21, mastermanu2004 at gmail.com said:

> In the function _gcry_ac_key_destroy, Is there a reason that:
> gcry_free(key->data->data) is omitted?

The reason is that thare are some conceptual bugs in the ac interface:
The ownership of some memory objects are not always clear and thus it is
hard to free them at the right place.  I have given up on fixing them.
This is one reasons for the deprecation of the ac interface.

> I ask because I am using the ac library for encrypting messages and I

If it is at all possible for you, you should migrate to the pk
interface.

Salam-Shalom,