pk_encrypt/decrypt limited to <1024bit blocks

Torsten Rupp torsten.rupp at gmx.net
Mon Sep 1 09:50:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just detected that the example tests/pubkey.c of libgcrypt 1.4.1
seems to have problems with encrypting/decrypting of data blocks with
a size over 1016 bits. In the example a random number with 800 bits
is created. This works fine. If I change the value e. g. to 1024
encryption or decryption does not work anymore. Is this a bug or a
limitation?

I detected this problem when I encrypted/decrypted data blocks with
2048 bit (and a 1024bit key-pair). Sometimes it seems to work, but
sometimes it fail with the problem that the decrypted data is
completely wrong.

Torsten