gcrypt windows build

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 18 14:55:15 CET 2009

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:20:36 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> "Hoyt, David" <hoyt6 at llnl.gov> writes:
>
> >> If you want a makefile that does everything, check out
> >> <http://*josefsson.org/gnutls4win/Makefile>.
> >
> > What version of gcc do you use (in the mingw toolchain)?
>
> I'm using the 'mingw32' package from debian, which appears to be gcc 4.2
> based.  http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mingw32.html

Take care:  The mingw packages in Debian are broken:

  as GNU make.  We are using Debian GNU/Linux (Lenny); due to a little
  bug in the mingw32 compiler it is highly suggested to put a line
    deb http://apt.intevation.org lenny/mingw .
  into /etc/apt/sources and update the mingw packages.

they replaced the snprintf and introduced a bug.  IIRC, "%lu" requires
an "unsigned long long" arg and not an "unsigned long".  The result is
that the stack is messed up and you get all kinds of strange error.
At one point it took us many hours of debugging until we realized that
some parts of a system were build with the broken mingw runtime.  The
fix is trivial but still hasn't made it into Debian.

I think libgcrypt does not use printf with "%lu" but that may depend
on the version.

Shalom-Salam,