bug tracker? arcfour problem

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Fri Apr 16 18:11:39 CEST 2010

I looked all over this page http://directory.fsf.org/project/libgcrypt/ and
www.gnupg.org and didn't find a relevant link, so my apologies if this is the
wrong place.

I've adapted rtmpdump's librtmp to use either OpenSSL or gcrypt/gnutls for its
crypto support and initially it seemed that everything was fine. However, when
built with gnutls/gcrypt, I see problems in the resulting data that generally
only crop up after ~51MB or more has been transferred in a single rtmpe
session. It kind of implies there's a problem with the arcfour cipher, but I
frankly can't imagine what kind of bug could exist in such a simple cipher
code, which only manifests after so much data has been successfully
transferred. Has anyone else ever reported this kind of issue?

Running on an Ubuntu 10 (Lucid) beta x86-64, gcrypt 1.4.4, gnutls 2.8.5. The
relevant code can be obtained from http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu.