Use of libgcrypt in non-OS platforms

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Jul 27 17:43:10 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 6:34 AM,  <john at johnandjuliet.com> wrote:
> 2) Though I like the cause of the GNU projects some of my code is not to be
> given out (purchased) and so if I try to use libg-crypt I realize I would
> need to somehow follow the GNU license.  But I need to do it in a way that
> does not cause the rest of my code to turn into GNU or break my contract
> with the other code I am using.  So the question is what is the
> ramifications of using just the lib instead of the entire tool (which would
> require running linux which I cant do).

That's a tough question, but: the intent of the LGPL is
to allow people to fix bugs in software they use.  If you
provide a way for people to replace the libgcrypt
in your system with one that they provide themselves,
that might satisfy the dynamic linking requirement.
But don't trust what I say, I am not a lawyer.
- Dan