Problem building 1.4.5

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jun 16 11:23:00 CEST 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:26, rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org said:

> The ABI automatically turns the C symbol "gcry_control", into "_gcry_control"
> in the .so, and thus turns "_gcry_control" into "__gcry_control".

That is pretty standard on most systems.

> ./config.log has:
> #define WITH_SYMBOL_UNDERSCORE 1

This is only used for the asm files see (libgcrypt/mpi/Makefile.am) and
not the problem at hand.

> but that doesn't seem to be used in ./src/visibility.h in the MARK_VISIBLE
> macros, etc - which seems to be where things are managed.

I guess the problem is with the the version script feature of GNU
linkers.  What does

  grep HAVE_LD_VERSION_SCRIPT config.status

show?  On a GNU system this should yield

S["HAVE_LD_VERSION_SCRIPT_FALSE"]="#"
S["HAVE_LD_VERSION_SCRIPT_TRUE"]=""

If this is the case something is wrong with the linker for the system,
disable this feature using

  ./configure --disable-ld-version-script

and try building again.

Shalom-Salam,