Problem building 1.4.5

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 17 09:44:09 CEST 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:13, rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org said:

> On some - but I wouldn't say "most", its actually pretty uncommon now-a-days.

Well on GNU systems it is uncommon.  Given that we enable the version
script feature only on GNU systems it is no surprise that we did not run
into problems until now.  I found a 2 years ol message thread on the
same problem on Blackfin with no clean solution.

Our assumption was that libtool takes care of symbol prefixing which it
actually does when using a list of symbols.  With the evrsion script it
does not.

The solution is to prefix the symbols in the version script file.  For
libgcrypt this is not a problem becuase we need to figure out the prefix
anyway but for other libaries we don't need that and thus it would be
better if libtool supports this or LD would take an option to prefix
symbols from the version script.

Please use the disable switch until we found a clean solution.

Shalom-Salam,