no static library in libgpg-error 1.8?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 17 19:28:29 CEST 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:07, simon at josefsson.org said:

> I see that static libraries were disabled by default with version 1.8,
> but there is no discussion about it in NEWS or anywhere else as far as I
> could tell.  Building it with --enable-static appears to work.

This happened during the update of libtool about a year ago.  As you
noted this is only about the default.  There might be a problem under
Windows with static libs (no dllmain for TLS init).

Aren't static libraries supported anymore?

No.  We still support static libs (maybe except for Windows - see
above).

Salam-Shalom,