no static library in libgpg-error 1.8?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 18 18:24:40 CEST 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:07, simon at josefsson.org said:

> Is the dllmain code required for proper functionality?  Some people

We use the dllmain code to setup TLS.  There is fallback code in case
dllmain was not used but that is obviously not race free.  TLS is used
for the gettext implementation now included in the windows version.

> build static Windows executables of GnuTLS and libssh2 libraries, so the
> Windows platform was actually the reason I asked (it stopped working
> when I upgraded libgpg-error 1.8 and forgot to add --enable-static).

I guess this is okay.  You might encounter build probklems - I have not
checked.

Shalom-Salam,