[OTR-dev] Issues with libgcrypt 1.5

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Mon Apr 11 19:03:02 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 05:41:52PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:48, ian at cypherpunks.ca said:
>
> > So it would seem to be fairly easy to just revert the 1.4 behaviour for
> > now, and if that's not the "stream cipher" behaviour, maybe see if that
> > can get into 1.5 as well?
>
> (Maybe I can do it without an extra block layer.)
>
> Do you have short test messages, I can use of the regression tests (from
> libgcrypt 1.4)?

Take any message of length, say, 45.  Init the key and counter, and
encrypt.

Then start again with the same message, key, and counter.  Encrypt the
first x bytes, and then the remaining 45-x (both in place).  You should
get the same answer.

If you do this with x = 0,1,7,8,9,15,16,17,22, that should be a good set
of test cases, I think.

Thanks,

   - Ian