libgcrypt 1.5.0 aes-ni test suite fails for i686

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Aug 12 10:14:30 CEST 2011

Am Fri, 8 Jul 2011 16:15:52 +0200
schrieb Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>:

> I'm packaging libgcrypt for ArchLinux. My build system has a core i7
> AES capable cpu running x86_64 kernel and userland. The x86_64 package
> builds fine in our chroot and passes all tests.
>
> Building in an i686 chroot gives segfaults in 3 tests. Is this an
> expected behavior or a bug? Adding --disable-aesni-support makes it
> pass all tests also for i686.
>
> -Andy

Anybody around who can help me to track this down and find a fix? We've
just fixed a very similar segfault issue in gnutls 3.0.0 related to
AES-NI and alignment issues. Please have a look at this commit:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnutls.git;a=commitdiff;h=d21285196611811120ff1ba41e64f716f244f3d8

I can try to give backtraces or whatever we need.

-Andy