sha1 hash using libgcrypt different from what returns sha1sum

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Dec 14 18:48:05 CET 2013

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 02:37, funman at videolan.org said:

> Are you thinking about Visual Studio and its incomplete C99 support?

No.

> I hope that's the only compiler left that doesn't support C99. And I'm not sure you should keep gcrypt off of 15 years old features just because of it.

There are lot of old Unix systems in use which don't have a decent
toolchain.  We go into great lengths for portability and thus we should
not throw old systems out only for that the awkward CCM.

> I think off_t depends on __USE_FILE_OFFSET64 at least on 32 bits so it doesn't sound like a good choice.

Yes, it is troublesome.  At times most support requests for GPGME were
just about this.

Salam-Shalom,