Tasks for 1.6
wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 7 09:11:09 CET 2013
some notes on what I think should be done before a 1.6 release.
- Decide what to do with MACing algorithms.
- Check that the recent changes in gcry_pk_ don't break too much (this
is mainly about GnuPG and something I will take care about).
- Check that the new threading initialization scheme works on major
- Look for rarely used function we may want to remove from the API (we
have an ABI change anyway)
- Fix side-channel weaknesses in the new ECC code.
- Run test builds on all Debian supported platforms
After that I think the release of 1.6 is justified. Experience has
shown that we will need to release a couple of fixes soon after 1.6.0.
The important thing is that we keep the ABI stable after 1.6.0.
I would like to do a release within the next 4 weeks.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.
More information about the Gcrypt-devel