Tasks for 1.6

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 7 09:11:09 CET 2013

Hi,

some notes on what I think should be done before a 1.6 release.

 - Decide what to do with MACing algorithms.

 - Check that the recent changes in gcry_pk_ don't break too much (this
   is mainly about GnuPG and something I will take care about).

 - Check that the new threading initialization scheme works on major
   platforms.

 - Look for rarely used function we may want to remove from the API (we
   have an ABI change anyway)

 - Fix side-channel weaknesses in the new ECC code.

 - Run test builds on all Debian supported platforms

After that I think the release of 1.6 is justified.  Experience has
shown that we will need to release a couple of fixes soon after 1.6.0.
The important thing is that we keep the ABI stable after 1.6.0.

I would like to do a release within the next 4 weeks.

Salam-Shalom,