[admin] Please do not poll the git server

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 9 23:11:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

while looking at the new git server I found that someone is polling for
changes in libgcrypt.  Every minute!  Please don't do that - subscribe
to the commit list instead.  For those who want an immediate
notification they my join the Jabber MUC
gnupg-devel at conference.jabber.gnupg.org .  If you really think that you
need to run a poll script please be nice and don't run it more often
than every hour or so.

The IP address in question seems to be from a Scandinavian shell server
provider - please go and fix your cronjob now.

Shalom-Salam,