Question regarding GCM/block alignment

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Oct 17 08:43:03 CEST 2013

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:05, dbaryshkov at gmail.com said:

> Should I add buffering of non-full blocks (by the cost of additional

This is a long standing open question.  Until known there has been no
real requirement for this.  Buffering should be put on top of the
existing functions (probably by using a new flag for gcry_cipher_open).

However, I think it is more important to stabilize the current API with
all the changes we did for 1.6 and work towards a release of 1.6.
Adding a few feature can be done later.

Shalom-Salam,